Oil is essential for any machine. Same is the case for a sewing machine (September 2021). Either you are using an industrial sewing machine or in-home sewing machine; you definitely need oil for it. This oil is not Olive oil or other cooking oil neither garage oil. Using a sewing machine oil is important not only for the proper use but for the maintenance too. New or old sewing machine, oil is what you need for its proper working, else you will face bad results along with bad stitching.
What is a sewing machine oil
A Sewing Machine Oil is a light, transparent, odorless synthetic lubricant.
Why do you use oil for sewing machine?
Oiling your sewing machine under $50 is important, but oiling with the best sewing machine oil is much more required.A sewing machine is made of steel and is composed of so many mechanical parts that keep a machine running. These parts are constantly moving against each other when it is working. If the parts won’t be lubricated properly, they will not function. If not oiled the effectiveness and efficiency of the parts is reduced and these will become tight.
- Giving oil to the sewing machine avoids friction.
- It makes the sewing machine run smoothly.
- Oiling the machine provides a metal-protecting cushion which results in an increase in the life of the machine.
- Giving oil to your sewing machine keeps it protected from rust and corrosion.
- It reduces the wear and tear costs of the user.
Reviews of the Best Sewing Machine Oil
Our created list of best oil for the sewing machines is made after thorough research of the market. We took the online and customer’s reviews and come up with the 8 best oils which are not only best but their sales are also high. This created list will for sure help you in the selection process and let you end up with the best oil you need for your Sewing Tables And Cabinets needs.
1. Singer Machine Oil, 4-Fluid Ounce
Market reviews says that Singer Machine Oil, 4-fluid Ounce is the best oil that you can use for your sewing machine. It is the most ideal choice for the lubrication of the composed parts of a sewing gadget.
It can be used for both industrial and personal sewing machine. You can also count on it for an embroided sewing machine.
The oil comes in a 4 fluid ounce.
The oil is transparent and low in viscosity.
- The oil protects the internal metal parts of the machine from getting rust.
- It prevents wear and tear.
- It reduces friction.
- It can be used for commercial and personal sewing machines.
2. Lily White Sewing Machine Oil
The Lily White sewing machine oil is beneficial for both industrial and commercial sewing machines. If you want your sewing machine to run for longer, you can count on this mineral oil.
It is available in 1 gallon.
This mineral oil is Lily White oil is a highly refined, narrow cut, and non-detergent mineral oil. It has low viscosity.
- This oil can be used for any kind and size of sewing machine.
- The most outstanding benefit of the oil is that it does not leave any stain on the fabric.
- The low viscosity off the oil makes it best for high speed sewing machine.
- It come in a large gallon, so it would run for a longer time. but this depends on your usage though. The user can take a small bottle and fill it with oil for use.
3. Diamond White Machine Oil
The Diamond white machine oil also comes in a large packaging and can be used for multiple kinds of sewing machines. This oil is made in USA. If you are working in a clothing industry or using a mini sewing machine for your personal use, your search for a sewing machine oil stops here.
It comes in 1 gallon. You can purchase a small applicator, fill it and use the oil with ease. This usually lasts for long.
This is a mineral oil which is low in viscosity. It is highly refined and non-detergent mineral oil.
- The oil comes in a large gallon which can be used for longer time.
- It can be used on multiple kinds of sewing machines, from sewing to embroided.
- The low viscosity of the oil makes it a perfect choice for high speed machines that are most used for industrial purposes.
- The oil leaves no marks behind. So it is safe to use on any part of the machine.
4. oz. Sewing Machine Oil
Singer is a well-known name in the industry of sewing machines and sewing machine oils. It is one of the best options on the list if you want to keep the parts of your sewing machine well-lubricated., then the 4 Oz Singer Sewing Machine oil is the best option.
Do you know that this Singer oil is not only good for sewing machines but also for lubricating your typewriters, bicycles and other household appliances?
The oil comes in 4 Oz and is a best option to be picked.
- It is all-purpose oil on the list. You can use it for lubrication of all metal parts.
- The formula of the oil is good for lubricating knitting/sewing machines.
- The oil can reach the inside and most complicated parts of the sewing machine.
5. Zoom Spout Sewing Machine Oiler/4 OZ
This is Oil which is ideal for sewing machines and for other household use. It not only lubricates but also cleans and prevents rusting.
The oil is available in 4 oz.
The oil is designed in white color. It is paraffin-based oil flexible oil.
Reviews say that whenever you use the oil for machine never forget to clean the parts so that the oil does not stain the fabric.
- The oil is best for all kinds and sizes of sewing machines.it lubricate the metal parts well.
- The oil is extendable, flexible and it reaches all the parts of machine.
- It is a non-gumming oil which prevents rusting.
- The oil remains good even at high temperatures.
6. Liquid Bearings Sewing Machine Oil
This synthetic sewing machine oil on the list comes in a little quantity but does wonder to the lubrication of metal parts. It protects the machine from getting rusted and protects from corrosion, it lets the machine run quickly and smoothly.
The oil comes in 2 oz. It is a perfect size your personal home machine.
It is thin, transparent synthetic oil which has low viscosity.
Design of the oil bottle:
The bottle of the oil comes in ½-inch, 1 ½-inch, and 3-inch twist-on pharmaceutical-grade stainless needles. It makes the application very easy.
It is synthetic oil and has low viscosity.
- The oil does not attract dirt, neither it becomes gummy just like other petro-oils.
- It makes the machine run smoothly, even if the machine is at low speed.
- It comes with an acceptable smell.
- The oil is plastic-safe.
- It usually comes with money back guarantee. So if you are not happy with it, you can always claim back for your amount, but we doubt that you won’t like it.
7. Liberty Oil
Next on the list is the liberty oil for your sewing machine. The reviews say that this oil comes in a very minute bottle but it out performs any other oils.
It comes in 1 oz. This little packaging of oil does wonders.
Design of the oil bottle;
The bottle is designed with 1.5-inch 18-gauge stainless steel needle tip, which is of pharmaceutical standard and contains a patented Luer lock cap to protect any leakage.
It is 100 per cent synthetic oil.
- It reduces the friction between metal parts.
- The oil is safe to use on plastics and metal surfaces.
- The bottle of oil comes with 11/2 long medical grade stainless steel needle tip applicator.
- It can be used instead of spraying lubricants and petroleum-based lubricants.
8. Juki Defrix Sewing Machine Oil
This sewing machine under $200 oil is manufactured in Japan by a reliable company which also manufactures sewing machines. It is best for industrial and personal use sewing machines.it can also be used for sergers.
It comes in a 600ml bottle which is about 20 ounces.
It is low in viscosity and it is transparent in color.
Design of the oil bottle:
The bottle is designed with a single needle which makes its application easy.
- Reviews say that this oil is best for Juke sewing machines, but it also works well for other brands as well.
- It is easy to apply.
- It is non-sticky oil. It will also not attract dirt and will not become greasy with time.
If you are working in an industry or using your own personal machine for sewing and designing your clothes, when you purchase the best sewing machine oil from the market not only makes your sewing machine happier and more durable, but the lubrication of your machine with oil will also make your life much simpler since you will be using a much better and cleaner gadget. There is no doubt in it that your sewing machine is a big yet precious investment in your sewing room and must, therefore, be treated well with full care. Well services and well-oiled sewing machines give the best sewing results.
When to oil your sewing machine
The importance of oil cannot be neglected if you run a sewing machine for multi purposes. It is a normal practice to oil your sewing machine after every 8 hours of use.
What points to consider while buying sewing machine oil?
If you run a sewing machine and seeking for a perfect lubricant/oil, you should consider the following points:
Volume- how many ml of oil you want/ it depends on your usage.
Type of oil-Different types of oil has different properties and it’s important to know what is the kind of your sewing machine and your frequency of usage, before choosing one for your sewing machine.
Viscosity- oil with low viscosity can reach the most internal parts of the machine to keep them lubricated and functioning. In addition, it is due to the low viscosity, the oil does not leave stain behind on the stitching fabric. Being a common man, you might not know about the viscosity of an oil. So it is advised to read behind the packaging bottle and you can also ask the sales person to guide you.
High lubricating properties- Only sewing machine oil with high lubrication properties would benefit your sewing machine.
Non-staining and non-drying- This feature is important to consider to keep your fabrics and fingers clean without any stains. Oil with low viscosity does not leave any stains behind.