If you are a person who loves to stitch or you are a tailor by profession, you definitely need a high quality sewing machine, which can well cater your needs. A good sewing machine should always be your necessity and priority, because a good sewing machine adds to the sewing experience. In short you need a heavy-duty sewing machine.
What is a heavy duty sewing machine?
A heavy-Janome sewing machine is built with a strong motor. A heavy-duty sewing is versatile, dependable, durable, and loaded with a variety of features.
There are a lot of options on the market when it comes to heavy duty sewing machines. If you are working in a clothing industry or a passionate sewer, who is seeking for a heavy duty sewing machine, this article has it all. Our reviews of the top heavy duty sewing machines below will help you make a decision about your choice.
Top 9 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Reviews For 2021
1. Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
The Singer Heavy Duty 4411 is a best machine if a person is looking for long lasting machine with low maintenance. This is a portable machine as it is light in weight and is perfect option for both beginners and professionals.
Construction of machine:
The machine is made of heavy duty metal frame. It is built with a powerful motor allows the user to stitch thicker materials like denim, quilts and canvas. The powerful motor allows the needle to pass through heavy fabrics without jamming.
The machine allows the user to make buttonholes automatically in 4 simple steps. It saves time and the user does not need to go outside to a shop to make button holes on the shirt and pillow covers.
The sewing gadget can sew built-in stitches in reverse that helps to secure the seam at start and end to prevent it from unraveling.
Adjustable Stitch Length:
The user of the machine can customize the built-in stitches by increasing or reducing the distance between the stitches in relation to length and width. This feature is best for basting, applique and others.
Singer Sewing App:
If the user is confused about the working of his Singer Heavy Duty 4411 Sewing Machine, he can get the information from the Singer 7258 Sewing Assistant App. The app can be downloaded from iTunes and the Google Playstore which provides the manual and guides about the automatic features of the machine.
- The machine is built with a powerful motor.
- It sews very fast and saves the time of user.
- It is a durable option as it is made with metal frame.
- The machine is not built with an automatic threader.
- The drop feed mechanism of the machine becomes fiddly.
2. Brother CS5055PRW Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
This Brother machine on the list is the advanced couture-level, consistent stitch quality and highly acknowledged in the market.
Number of stitches:
The sewing machine is built with 50 stitches that will customize with built-in decorative, quilting, heirloom and clothing stitches.
Number of stitches per minute:
It sews 850 stitches per minute and includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions.
Other special features:
It comes with a free arm, 6 specialty feet, specialty needles, and 5 one-step auto-sized professional, elegant buttonholes.
- The sewing machine is highly acknowledged by the users according to the market survey.
- It sews 80 stitches per minute.
- It is built with six feet.
- It is built with 5 one-step auto-sized button holes.
- It is easy friendly.
- The machine is not appropriate for new users.
3. Brother CS600i Heavy –duty sewing machine for quilting and sewing
The Brother brand gives highest quality of stitching. A person can now enjoy creating clothing and accessories to match your styles. This heavy duty sewing machine from Brother’s is designed to help you get started with a lot of automatic features.
The Brother CS600i heavy duty sewing machine is also user-friendly especially for those who do a lot of heavy duty work. This sewing machine is called to be a woman’s first choice because of its high quality stitching and incredible features. The machine is easy to use and is built with impressive features, which will help you complete you sewing projects.
Number of built-in stitches;
This machine comes with a big wide table. It is built with 27-inbuilt stitches including zig zag, straight and many others to let you choose one according to your needs.
Automated drop-in bobbing;
LED screen to the front;
It is also built with an automated drop-in bobbing. The best part is that it is a complete computerized machine with an LED screen to the front, from where the user can select the stitch she wants.
- The sewing speeds of the machine can be adjusted.
- It is designed with a big working table to give space for heavy fabrics.
- The length and width of the stitch can be easily adjusted.
- It has an LED bulb to make the work area bright.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- It does not have a variety of stitches.
- The machine jams at the bobbins.
4. Singer Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine
This machine from Singer on the list is a heavy duty and automatic machine which comes in an affordable price range. The machine oil is able to stitch 1100 stitches per minute, so it means it comes with an incredible speed and save the time of its user.
The machine is designed for advanced and serious sewists because of its fast speed and it can work on heavier materials and multi-layered fabrics very easily.
The sewing machine is not computerized and comes in an affordable price range to accommodate the needs of stitching on industrial and personal level.
The sewing machine is designed with a 60% stronger in comparison to other machine son the list. This makes it stitch the heavier fabrics too.
1,100 Stitches per Minute:
The Singer Heavy Duty 4432 Sewing Machine can sew up to 1,100 stitches per minute. This high speed allows the user to complete the sewing project faster.
Automatic Needle Threader:
The machine has an automatic built-in needle threader and can thread the needles eye automatically with ease.
Steel Bed Plate:
The bed plate of the sewing machine is made of stainless steel which makes it possible for the fabric to be stitched with ease.
- The maintenance costs of this sewing machine are very low in comparison to others.
- It comes with an automatic needle threader.
- It is a long lasting sewing machine.
- The machine comes with a built-in stitches selection system which allows the user to switch the stitch in a single step with more ease.
- Most of the parts of this machine are made of plastic.
- The lightning system of the sewing machine is not that brighter.
5. Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine
It is a heavy duty sewing machine. The machine is made of heavy duty frame and is tough which works best on all kinds of fabrics. Some reviews consider it basic but the machine is good for any level of sewing and stitching.
Number of stitches;
The total number of built-in stitches is 20. So the user can select one according to his requirements.
The work station of the machine is built up with an LED light which bright up the work space.
There is a built-in handle which allows the user to move the machine from place to place. Storing it is easy too.
- The stitch of the machine is easily selected.
- The stitching speed can be easily adjusted.
- It is designed with a six presser feet.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- It is not built with needle position button.
- It does not have a start/stop button.
6. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine-Heavy leather Singer:
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is the best fully computerized portable machine which comes with amazing features to take the stitching to a next level.
It has a range of 600 built-in stitches. It includes alphanumeric fonts, automatic buttonholes, stitch elongation, mirror imaging and many others.it is a good option for all kinds of sewing machine under 50 projects and brings out the creativity in a user.
Automatic needle threader;
The machine is built with an automatic needle threading, convenient needle positions, pre-set stitch width and length, thread cutter, built-in stitches editing and 850 stitches per minute capability.
Drop-In Bobbin System;
The machine has a top-loading bobbin system which makes it convenience to insert the bobbin. The machine is built with a clear cover which lets the user to monitor the thread supply of the bobbin.
3 In-built Buttonhole Styles:
The machine has 3 automatic buttonholes, so it is easy for user to make the button holes of the shirt at home. It is a one -step process which gives best results. Simply place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine will automatically sew a buttonhole.
One-Touch Stitch Selection:
The machine comes with the stitching options in the front panel. The user can select the length and width of the stitch they desire by just touching the button. The 8 stitches that are commonly used are located on the front panel and the user can select them using the direct stitch selection.
Automatic Needle Threader
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine is built with an automatic needle threader whom is easy to thread.
- It is a multi-functional sewing machine.
- It has a wide range of built-in stitches.
- The stitch can be selected from the front panel.
- The machine is built with a presser feet which gives the best speed control.
- Reviews say that the thread gets jammed. The thread usually breaks down.
- The machine does not come with a quilting tray.
7. Brother 1034D Serger Heavy-Duty sewing machine
The Brother 1034 D Serger sewing machine is a reliable model with high performance.
The machine is built with 22 built-in stitch functions with 4-thread overlock, 3-thread overlock, narrow, rolled hem and ribbon lock stitches with specialty stitch options for formal and bridal clothing, crafts and home decoration, reinforced tape applications and heirloom. The machine gives professional edge finishing to the fabrics including formal wear and linen. You can also use it on knits.
- Market and online reviews say that the machine is easy to learn and use. So the beginners can count on it for sewing.
- It is built with a foot controller.
- It has two Snap-On feet.
- The machine can be connected to the internet and smart phone.
- The buyer gets an instructional DVD at the time of purchase. This DVD is useful in getting all the information about the machine.
- Brother gives 25 years warranty for the machine.
- Although it comes with an instructional DVD but some buyers’ complaint that the instructions are not clear and makes confuse.
- The machine is not supported in countries where there is voltage less than 120 V AC.
8. Singer Start 1304 Sewing Machine
This is a perfect sewing machine for people who are just beginners in sewing and embroidery. This is a long lasting sewing machine and comes in the best budget. It is not that expensive to buy and can accommodate heavy duty sewing projects.
Selection of stitch:
The machine is designed with built-in stitches and an in stitch dial which is easy to select. It also allows the user to change the stitches in a single step.
The sewing machine is built with 3 presser feet – an All-Purpose Foot for all kinds of sewing projects, the Zipper Foot is used for piping, fixing zips, cording, etc. The one-step Buttonhole Foot lets the user make buttonholes, ribbon slots.
Dual Spool Pins:
The machine is featured with 2 vertical spool pins which allows quick and easy stitching.
This sewing machine that allows the user to set up the needle positions and the diagrams of threading position are listed on the back of the machine.
- The machine is easy to use and a perfect choice for the beginners.
- It is an affordable sewing machine from the famous brand Singer.
- It comes in a compact shape so it does not take much storage space.
- It is designed with built-in stitches which are easy to select.
- Professional and advanced users consider the Singer Start 1304 to be more basic.
- Some users’ complaint that the pedal needs more pressure while in use.
9. Brother PQ1500SL Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
At last on the created list, we have placed the Brother PQ1500SL heavy duty sewing machine which is admirable in all ways and performs the best. This sewing machine of Brother Brand comes in a heavy duty frame with so many features to cater your needs of stitching too. It gives stability to the user while working.
The machine is built with an automatic thread trimmer, built-in needle threader that will help you thread the needles with ease, and multiple settings.
4 feed dog settings:
The machine gives 4feed dog settings to control the fabric better.
Number of stitches per minute:
It is a high resolution sewing machine as it sews 1,500 stitches per minute.
The brand provides the buyer a 25-year limited warranty.
- The machine sews 1,500 stitches per minute.
- It is built with an LED bulb which gives brighter view to the work.
- The company gives 25 years limited warranty to the buyer.
- Market reviews say that the bobbin mechanism is poor in comparison to others.
- The machine is not a perfect choice for the right hand people. It works from left.
What are the main advantages of keeping a heavy duty sewing machine?
A heavy-duty sewing machine is beneficial in so many ways. Let’s explore some of them;
- A heavy duty sewing machine can sew thick materials like leather and denim. You can also use the machine to make quilts.
- It can be used to sew fabrics with multiple layers.
- A heavy-duty sewing machine needs less maintenance with time as it is more substantial and made of sturdy and long lasting materials and designed for constant heavy use.
POINTS TO CONSIDER A HEAVY-DUTY SEWING MACHINE
This portion of the article focuses on some of the features that you cannot over look while buying a heavy duty sewing machine:
A heavy duty sewing machine performs at high speed. Usually a typical heavy duty machine can stitch 1500 stitches per minute. The speed of the machine can be adjusted with the gear; however it is advised to maintain a consistent gear for good quality stitching.
Number of Stitches:
Every sewing machine comes with different kinds and numbers of built-in stitches. Sewing machines with large stitches works well with almost all designs. A heavy duty machine is also built with reverse stitching.
The main purpose of the feed dog is to move the fabric as you sew to prevent it from bunching. Heavy materials and heavy duty sewing require an adjustable feed dog to give you an ease of stitching.
The machine should be able quickly change the bobbins. It should be visible so you can keep your eye on the thread supply.
Free arm is a very useful feature, and is designed for projects such as a collar or a sleeve. A removable arm makes it easier to work on hard to reach areas of fabric. The best heavy duty sewing machines all have one.
Weight and Dimension:
Market reviews claim that the heavy duty sewing machines are more substantial than other models of sewing machines on the market. A few of the heavy duty sewing machines are lighter in weight which makes them more portable. Janome is one heavy duty sewing machine threads which is also best for quilting. It is also advisable to buy a sewing machine which comes in dimensions that can best fit your work pace or storage place.
Most of the manufacturers on the market give warranty to the users. You can get heavy duty sewing machines with longer years of warranty. Pick the one which suits your needs.
A heavy duty sewing machine comes with accessories. An additional presser foot is a good option that comes with a zipper foot, feet for hemming sliding buttonhole feet, and darning plate. Other prominent accessories include needles and screwdriver.
The stitching power of the heavy duty sewing machines is important to consider. Choose the best heavy duty sewing machines with a powerful unit which comes with high stitching speed as most fabrics require a powerful tool.
Check out and compare the different brands of heavy duty sewing machines within your price range and choose the one that comes in your allocated budget.