If you are a domestic or a professional sewists and made a plan to buy your first professional Bother brand sewing machine, this article is worth your reading. Brother has been in the sewing industry for a longer time.
Types of Brother Sewing Machines
Brother brand is famous for manufacturing some of the highest quality sewing and embroidery machines.
The company produces sewing and quilting machines. These machines are used for making cushions, bedclothes, quilts and a lot more.
They also manufacture high quality embroidery machines. These Small Sewing Machine have a lot of capabilities and let the user do embroiders and let the user bring out his capabilities. Just feed the pattern you want and observe how it appears on your fabric like magic.
Sewing and embroidery combinations made by Brother make the perfect choice for you because the company makes one of the smartest, all-around machines on the market.
Top 10 Best Brother Sewing Machines 2021
We have created a detailed list of some of the top picks of sewing machines of Brother. The list is created after a detailed survey conducted in the market and collection of online reviews on different forums.
1. Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine
This sewing machine on top of the list is one of the best Singer sewing machines for beginners. This is a versatile free arm sewing machine. The machine comes with 27unique built-in stitches including zigzag, blind hem, decorative and stretch stitches among others.
The maximum stitching speed of this model is 800 stitches per minute.
The work area of the machine is lightened with an LED bulb to let the user stitch with more comfort. It is ajam-resistant sewing machine, so it works for longer time.
The buyer gets 27 stitches, 63 stitch functions, a user manual, an instructional DVD, and a 25-year limited warranty from the company.
- The machine is so easy to use and a perfect choice for beginners and basic sewing projects.
- It is a light weight machine, which makes it handier.
- It comes in a normal price range.
- The machine does not have the medium speed option.
2. Brother PQ1500SL Sewing Machine
This sewing machine of Brother Brand comes in a heavy duty frame with so many features to cater your needs of stitching too. It gives stability to the user while working. The machine is built with an automatic thread trimmer, built-in needle threader that will help you thread the needles with ease, and multiple settings.
The machine gives 4feed dog settings to control the fabric better. It is a high resolution sewing machine as it sews 1,500 stitches per minute.
The brand provides the buyer a 25-year limited warranty.
- The machine sews 1,500 stitches per minute.
- It is built with an LED bulb which gives brighter view to the work.
- The company gives 25 years limited warranty to the buyer.
- Market reviews say that the bobbin mechanism is poor in comparison to others.
- The machine is not a perfect choice for the right hand people. It works from left.
3. Brother XL2600i Sewing Machine
This one on the list is an advanced model of sewing machine from the brand and is best for sewing and stitching. The machine is perfect for beginners and people who want a sewing machine for basic projects only. It is built with 25 built-in stitches, free arm, and five presser feet. It comes with a thread cutter, a needle threader, one step auto-size butoonholer,a drop-in bobbin loading. The company provides the buyers with a manual which tells the user how to use it.
It is a straight forward machine, so even if you do not read the manual, you can operate it easily. Reviews about the machine say that it comes with thread tension problems.
- It is built with a free arm.
- It is built with a great lightning system.
- It is a straight forward machine.
- The machine comes with bobbin issues.
- The user might confront the issues of tensions which is major drawback.
4. Brother XR3774 Sewing Machine
This is a high q1uality sewing machine on the list from the brand. If you are planning to buy a machine oil from Brother, you shall not ignore the Brother XR3774 sewing machine. It is a heavy duty yet well-constructed and a straight forward sewing machine, but it is not a suggest one for the advanced and professional sewers.
It has a large table to give space to heavy fabrics. The machine is built with 37 built-in stitches and you can select one according to your requirements.
The buyer also gets 8 presser feet, a built-in needle threader, bright workspace, and it has a maximum stitching speed of 800 stitches per second.
- The machine has eight sewing feet.
- It is easy to use.
- The buyer gets a manual which instructs the buyer how to use it. The manual comes in both Spanish and English language.
- This model of machine is pre-oiled, so mostly users find it easy to maintain.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- The machine has a small throat which makes it noisy while operating. This can be irritating when working with other people in the surrounding.
- The auto-needle threader gives tough time to user.
5. Brother CS600i
This sewing machine is called to be a woman’s first choice because of its high quality stitching and incredible features. The machine is easy to use and is built with impressive features, which will help you complete you sewing projects.
This machine comes with a big wide table. It is built with 27-inbuilt stitches including zig zag, straight and many others to let you choose one according to your needs. It is also built with an automated drop-in bobbing. The best part is that it is a complete computerized machine under $50 with an LED screen to the front, from where the user can select the stitch she wants.
- The sewing speeds of the machine can be adjusted.
- It is designed with a big working table to give space for heavy fabrics.
- The length and width of the stitch can be easily adjusted.
- It has an LED bulb to make the work area bright.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- It does not have a variety of stitches.
- The machine jams at the bobbins.
6. Brother ST371HD Sewing Machine
It is a heavy duty sewing machine. The machine is made of heavy duty frame and is tough which works best on all kinds of fabrics. Some reviews consider it basic but the machine is good for any level of sewing and stitching.
There is a built-in handle which allows the user to move the machine from place to place. Storing it is easy too.
- The stitch of the machine is easily selected.
- The stitching speed can be easily adjusted.
- It is designed with a six presser feet.
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- It is not built with needle position button.
- It does not have a start/stop button.
7. Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine
The Brother PE800 from the brand is an embroidery machine and is the best investment a sewer can make. It comes with 138 built-in embroidery designs, 11 lettering fonts, 14 border styles, and 10 frame shapes. You can enjoy the design editing feature that will allow you to rotate or increase and decrease designs.
The machine is built with a built-in memory and a USB port, so that the user can store and also import is embroidery patterns. The user gets a large embroidery field for complex projects, combining designs and lettering.
The machine is designed with a touch screen that allows the user to view his embroidery patterns too.
- The machine has a design editing feature.
- It is built with a large embroidery area.
- It is a user friendly machine.
- The machine is best in all aspects, the not drawback is that it can be used only for embroidery. You cannot use it for basic stitching and sewing.
8. Brother LB6800PRW Embroidery and Sewing Machine
This is a computerized sewing and embroidery machine. The machine is built with 67 sewing stitches, four-inch embroidery design, and editing. The machine is built with a wide runway to give space for heavy fabrics. It is designed with an easy to use a backlit LED display which is touch-screen which allows the user to access the designs and stitches.
It is built with 70 built-in designs, 120 frame combinations, and 5 lettering fonts. The machine comes with an embroidery bobbin thread, seven sewing feet, and a USB cable. It sews 710 stitches per minute. You will be amazed to read that this computerized sewing machine can be connected to internet too.
- The machine has the ability to stitch 750 per minute.
- It is built with seven sewing feet.
- It is built with 67 stitches.
- The machine can be linked with your phone via internet.
- It comes with a 25 years warranty from the brand.
- The machine is not compatible with MAC.
- The machine does not work well in areas where it does not support the 120V AC.
- It is expensive to buy. But as we say, good things come in good prices.
9. Brother CS5055PRW Sewing Machine
This Brother machine on the list is the advanced couture-level, consistent stitch quality and highly acknowledged in the market. The sewing machine for home is built with 50 stitches that will customize with built-in decorative, quilting, heirloom and clothing stitches.
It sews 850 stitches per minute and includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions. It comes with a free arm, 6 specialty feet, specialty needles, and 5 one-step auto-sized professional, elegant buttonholes.
- The sewing machine is highly acknowledged by the users according to the market survey.
- It sews 80 stitches per minute.
- It is built with six feet.
- It is built with 5 one-step auto-sized button holes.
- It is easy friendly.
- The machine is not appropriate for new users.
10. Brother 1034D Serger
The Brother 1034 D Serger sewing machine is a reliable model with high performance. The machine is built with 22 built-in stitch functions with 4-thread overlock, 3-thread overlock, narrow, rolled hem and ribbon lock stitches with specialty stitch options for formal and bridal clothing, crafts and home decoration, reinforced tape applications and heirloom.
The machine gives professional edge finishing to the fabrics including formal wear and linen. You can also use it on knits.
- Market and online reviews say that the machine is easy to learn and use. So the beginners can count on it for sewing.
- It is built with a foot controller.
- It has two Snap-On feet.
- The machine can be connected to the internet and smart phone.
- The buyer gets an instructional DVD at the time of purchase. This DVD is useful in getting all the information about the machine.
- Brother gives 25 years warranty for the machine.
- Although it comes with an instructional DVD but some buyers’ complaint that the instructions are not clear and makes confuse.
- The machine is not supported in countries where there is voltage less than 120 V AC.
Can you use a Brother sewing machine if you are not a professional
Of course yes. Everyone can use a Brother sewing machine. It does not matter if you are a beginner or a professional. If you are a beginner and looking for a sewing machine that would boost your sewing and embroidery skills, the company has it all.
Market reviews say that the sewing machines of the brand are used by the world’s famous designers and garments specialists. It offers a wide range of basic and advanced machines.
Which Brother sewing machine to buy if you are a beginner
If you are a beginner, we recommend you to start off with a combination machine like many embroiders and sewers. This machine allows you to polish your skills, and let you come out with your capabilities even if you are stitching for yourself or for industry. The Brother’s sewing machines are said to work for longer.
The Brother brand is famous for producing basic sewing and embroidery sewing machines to cater the needs of beginners and professionals. Market and online reviews say that the brand is one of the trusted brand around the globe for manufacturing high quality stitching and long lasting sewing machines.
If you are a beginner, it is recommended to buy a combination of sewing and embroidery sewing machine so that you can polish your skills and cater your needs of sewing, stitching and embroidery on your favorite fabrics.